Sunday, June 10, 2007

Time Trial

This morning it was another day out in Lyons for a time trial. Nate and I headed there about 7 in the morning to try to get a decent start for the race as we didn't preregister for the race. Nate got a start of about an hour after the first one. Not bad and thanks to Gordy and Cristine for taking Nate on a pre ride to warm up for the race. Nate rode well and finished in 27 and a little change for a 15K hilly time trial. We didn't wait for the results as you all know the WCA and the people putting on the races just drag it out and I wanted to get a ride in today. The results will be up soon and they mail your awards to ya if you didn't stick around. Nate rode will and should have been the top or at the least 2nd so we will just have to wait to find out.

After the ride we raced home and I called Danny and slammed a pb&j sammy and hit the rode to meet the guys for a road ride. I had to pound nails into the head wind but I was able to meet them and join the ride. I'm glad I did as the head wind was stronger then I thought and I hit it hard to catch them. The ride was a nice pace and the PBR's and the ice cream tasted good after. Poor Jerry locked his keys in his car and had to borrow John's Jeep to go and get the extra set. Bummer. Well easy week for Nate as the BMX Midwest Nationals are this weekend and we are heading there Thursday and we will be racing for 4 days. Time to relax and read the paper. Later..

No comments: