Sunday, June 03, 2007

Wausau rainathon

Today was a fun ride. After the start of our race about 2/3's of the 1st lap it started to rain and the rest of the race it was a light rain. The trails held up ok with some parts getting real greasy fun. Got to witness a few yard sales but I managed to keep it up right for the race. In the end it was fun buy all. Maddie got to race first and got a entire race with no rain, lucky her. She took another 2nd place. Nate and I went off next and I tried to get him on my wheel but I sensed that the pace was to high for him and told him to just find a good wheel and go from there. He ended up riding with a few others and took another 2nd place. He finished 59th overall out of 170+ racers. After leaving Nate I hit the gas and caught back up to the lead group but I may have burnt a few matches doing so as I took a drink I dropped my bottle and had to stop and go back and get it. That was just enough to be in between a few groups and hoping for fst guys to come up. Rick walls came up and I rode with him for a while but he had better tires and rode away from me, he had a great race and won the Single Speed class. I then ended up riding with Stuart for the next lap and a half and finished 3rd in age and 8th overall. Racing in the mud was a blast and I love the trails up there. Cece took off last today and had a good race and finished 3rd in her age. The race was a blast and those who think that the marathons are a waste of time missed a great race and a great race format. Time to relax. Later..

No comments: