Tuesday, March 31, 2009

Old habits

Old habits are had to break. But my bike frames aren't I guess. I have been noticing that the S Works was making a strange creaking sound on every pedal stroke for some time. I have heard this sound oh about 7 times before. I hung the bike and started to closely inspect the usual areas where the other ones have cracked. Low and behold I found the crack on the drive side chain stay. So I stopped at the shop and Andy told me to bring it in and he would take care of the rest. Well I went back with the bike later and Pete from Specialized was there on his routine call and took care of everything right there. He offered a Tarmac Pro SL Carbon or a Roubaix SL Pro Carbon. The Roubaix is a more relaxed fit, the Tarmac a snappy race fit. I took the Tarmac but I have to wait for almost a month instead of a week for the Roubaix but I think the wait is worth it. Can't wait till it gets here and transfer the parts to the new rocket. I think I may need to set up a wheel set in Jr gears for Nate to race it too. He was eye balling the picture already so that would be easy to do it on the cross wheels that hang all summer.


Trusty S Works waiting for a beat down. It took many and stood by my side for many years and just cracked after to many beat downs. RIP.
New frame that will be taking the place of the good old S Works in the next few weeks. Thanks Pete for getting it done. Later..

No comments: