Wednesday, April 01, 2009

Fixed

Got home from work and watched the temps move from 46 to 50 in 10 minutes. It took me 5 more minutes to get the tennis shoes and jeans on and pull the Felt fixie out. The good thing is Jessica had a friend pick her up for soccer practice and I was out the door. ( no pictures of the ride as Cece had the camera at school ) I felt the natural spin and only tried once to stop pedaling to hop over a nice size pot hole. The feet stayed on the pedals and I cleared the pot hole but the pedals kept spinning and after that I never tried that again as I went around the holes to stay safe. Into the wind the gear felt BIG and with the wind it felt small but it felt great to be fixed. The best was riding past a guy on his road bike in his kit along the lake. He tried to get on but I just kept the spin going and pulled away. Have to do this more often to keep it real. Later..

No comments: