Sunday, April 19, 2009

Broken

Cece and I drove to Stevens Point and picked up the punks today. As we were eating lunch and Cece was away getting something my Dad tells Nate to give me the middle finger. I was thinking what is he teaching the punk now? But I look and the middle finger it was swollen and has 3 stitches in it. He was splitting wood and a branch caught his hand and crushed it against a bolt on the splitter and cut his finger to the bone. He didn't cry like Randy would have, he just looked at Grandpa and didn't say a word. Grandpa knew something was up, so took his work glove off and there was the bleeding finger. They cleaned it and he relaxed as the others finished splitting the wood. After Church and much more bleeding they took him to the hospital and the Dr's stitched it up. The funny thing is my parents had all the permission slips we signed years ago and all the insurance still with them so it was all taken care of. They didn't want to worry us so they also did not call us last night, they waited to tell us today. This punk is going to put us in the high risk group with all the stuff he gets into. Hopefully he can ride and race this weekend is all goes OK. Later..


All sad after his boo boo.
What a goof, like my Dad said the apple didn't fall far from the tree.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Nate is one tough cookie!