Monday, December 06, 2010

BMX racing


Yesterday was another day at the barn for some BMX racing. It was a nice day to be inside the barn turning laps on the track. Nate raced the 20 inch open and took a 2nd place, cruiser and again took a 2nd place and then in the 20 inch class and took a 4th place. He just races along and does great against the kids that are fast as hell and race BMX year round.

I raced the cruiser and took a 3rd place. I had to fight hard to take 3rd instead of the 2nd place that John Mauer was trying to force me to take. But I held him off for the 3rd and he took the 2nd. I missed the main in 20 inch and I just don't have the drive to make the mains as the guys are just to squirrelly and crashing all the time. In the last 3 mains there has been a crash and I just don't want to go down on the fixed shoulder. So on that I will keep trying and hopefully a few of the guys will learn to ride safer in the mean time.

I went to the Dr today and he gave me the full release and said that I don't need to come anymore. Done now all I have to do is keep strengthing it and take care of it and he said it should be fine. It feels good and I think the 10 hours a day in the tree stand helped as it got a good break and a chance to heal and relax as it has felt real good since then. Makes me happy. Later..


No comments: