Monday, July 25, 2005

Phillips

Was it hot up there or what? I have to say that it seems as the temps go up it seems the places I fall back do to. I hope that now that I'm able to train regularly that the infection is gone that I will be able to get the form back that was there in the start of the year. The family did good ok again. Nate won his age group, Maddie took third in her age group. Cece took third in her age group, and I took 7th in mine. My problems started when a large stick got caught in my rear derailer and it took a few seconds to get it out. As I was getting the stick out the chain got stuck between the cassette and frame. This time allowed about 20 to pass me and then in the process of trying to get back in to the mix of things I popped and never recovered so it turned into a race of trying not to fall to far back. Had I known that I was less then 40 seconds from 4th I would have tried to pass a few other racers. But I have 5 more races to get the points back that I need to finish in the top 3.

Time to hit the training that I need as the kids are upnorth with my parents and that allows me to hit the road to get that fitness back that I lost from the stay in the hospital. The good thing as that my parents will have the kids ride every day or go for rides with them. I'm thinking that I will skip the track this week and train instead and save the gas and money. I'm hoping that the Wednesday races at CR are on as I need that type of training to get the edge back.

Again it looked like all the others took advantage of the turn out and took the points and ran. Good luck to Jerry as he is racing with Don at the 24 hour race and to all the others that are not taking off this weekend to race the 24 hour race. Must go and eat cake as Cece's mother is here to celabrate Cece's 40th birthday which is the 28th. Later..

No comments: