Thursday, July 13, 2006

Pre-Ride

We got to the course for the pre-ride and they moved the time to 1pm. No problem as we got our registration done and got ready. Looking at the way the course was I changed the gear to a 32x18 on the bike and waited to do a lap and see how it was. I rode a lap with Nate and the gear felt fine. It is by far the worst course I have ever been on. It is all in the open and the trail is cut in the side of the hills and you ride on that and some roads for 7.8 miles. I have to do 3 laps in my single speed open race. I just hope to finish and do well if it going to be in the 90's like today. Nate looked good but I hope he holds it together on the climbs as they are long and some are just brutal. He was breathing hard and looking tired but he always pulls it together during the race.

I rode a lap with Cece and Maddie and they both had a hard time on the climbs and the decents. Maddie rode about 3/4 of the lap and she couldn't ride anymore. A pick up truck was coming past and asked if she needed a ride back to the parking lot. I said please do and they gave her a ride back. She was having the Russell's as there were goose bumps all over her arms and legs and she was about to throw up. Cece was also having issues and she made it to the finish of the lap but also decided after not racing for 3 months she was not going to race. So it will be Nate and I racing only but I would rather have that and not have Cece and Maddie get hurt on some of the crappy course we have to race. Now it is time to go in the pool for a while and relax. Later..

3 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

That's too bad they make that course so crappy. The area really is good for mountainbiking. I could give you six awesome places to ride within 30 miles of there.

Mitch Man said...

Good luck!

Mitch Man said...

Dude you made cyclingnews.com