Sunday, July 02, 2006

Firecracker

We went and pre-rode the course yesterday and it was a hot one. The course was laid out great and I felt good and thought just ride your pace and fly in the single track and enjoy the race. Cece rode for the first time since she hurt her elbow and said she liked the course and was ready to race again. Nate did a lap and looked good. He did a lap with Jerry on his tandem and Jerry said that he was awesome on the back. I see those 2 doing a few races down the rode. Went back to my brothers and got in the pool for a while and then ate some grilled chicken. At 10 the fireworks went off and they were great as they always are. We watched them and then hit the bed as 6 would come fast.

Today got up and headed to the race and got Maddie lined up for her VP points working the water station with Emma and Andrea. They had a fun time tossing water in everyones face. Nate went off and got in to the first turn in 2nd place and then got a good wheel and just rode it to a first place finish. He took 14th overall in citizen which is pretty good for a 11 year old kid. Cece also had a good day and took 3rd in class and also 14th in the citizen ladies class. I of course didn't get a call up and had to try to pick which wheel was a good to line up behind. I picked and the dork had a nice bike and then I looked down and he had no clips or anything. Shit I picked the wrong wheel I thought. I was right as the guy ran into the rider next to him at the start but I was able to laugh in his face and get by and get on a faster wheel. I was happy to see only 3 single speed riders ahead of me and I passed Rob who for a reason unknown to me was leading us out. Thanks Rob. I got into 2nd place after about 1 mile into the race and then the chase was on to try to catch the Alan Bike cross team pro racer sand bagging in the sport SS. Oh well I was in his sight for most of the race and then I figured I wasn't going to catch him and shut it down and rode in for a 2nd place finish and I think maybe a top 10 overall. In all it was a good race and glad that I raced and then got a good result. The hand held up and felt ok during the race and only had to hold it up on the flats when possible to get the blood back in it. I didn't get to see everyone finish so I hope everyone had a good race and I will see you later..

1 comment:

Mike said...

Hey Jay, email me I gotta question for ya: mik_phil@yahoo.com