Sunday, July 15, 2007

Deforestation Ramble


Today was the Marathon race in Saumico. It was a brutal race. Maddie had a great race today as she got her first 1st place of the year and I think ever. She was pumped and now wants to make sure she holds it up for the marathon series overall win. Cece had a good race and finished 4th in age and was done at the end. Nate was riding strong but then he bonked big time and finished 5th in age. He was riding 3rd place until the middle of the last lap and blew up big and rolled it in. I blew up on lap 1 and just didn't have any power today for anything. Each lap I went past Jeff and told him I'm cooked and stopping and he kept telling me oh no you don't. I pedalled on and kept racing. I knew I was cooked as Kyle went past and I tried to get on his wheel and it was a no go. I pushed on and on lap 3 in the same spot Danny comes by I try again and no go. I found it about 1/2 way through the last lap and catch back to Danny and pass 1 guy in age and then get with in 5 seconds of the 3rd and I end up 4th. Oh well I finished and thought it would have been alot worse. Great race was had by Ronsta as he got a 5th overall and a 2nd in age, Mitch who grabbed a 2nd, Kyle who took a 3rd in age also. I will have to check results and see the others. Time to watch the rest of the Tour. Later..




2 comments:

Christine said...

Congrats to Maddie! Well done! Nate needs to drink more on those long races! Great job to all you guys! Thanks for the gift!

Anonymous said...

You have to check out Maddie admiring her hardware, under the WORS podium pics (second page, end of 4th row):
http://www.flickr.com/photos/mellifluouscmc/collections/72157600850677323/


Bruce