Sunday, July 01, 2007

Weekend recap

We got to the crit nice and early which meant getting up at 5 am to get things packed and ready for a vacation along with racing. Nate, Mitch and Gage raced the Elm Grove crit first thin in the morning. Mitch took a solo with 2 to go for the win and then Gage pulled in 2nd and Nate got robbed out of third. That is another story. We got on the road and made it to Wade's and I got a ride in before the firework party next door. We got up early and packed the truck and hit the Wors race. Maddie raced another good race and pulled a 2nd place finish. Cece went next and finished 3rd in age also. Nate and I went for a warm up and he was saying he didn't feel like he had it in him for a good race. I was thinking that he jumped to much on the trampoline and ran around to much the night before. Well he took another 2nd place and had a great race again. I took a 5th in age but finished 13th overall so a bit bummed but oh well had a good race and rode as well as I could and got the finish I got but not wanted. Now it is time for beer and fun. Later.

No comments: