Wednesday, February 18, 2009

Tons of fun

Today was a day of trying to get the fine folks that want to run a business in Milwaukee to pay their license fees. They got the renewal in December and had to Jan 16th to drop in the mail. Well I got a 12 page list of these fools. I made the calls to the businesses and talked to many of them to pay over the phone with credit card to the office staff. But 1 guy kind of got a bit snippety with me. He asked " what will you do if I don't pay? ". I told him that I would come and red tag the meters and give a order not to use and a citation for $300 for using them with out a current license. He then asked to be transferred to the office staff and paid in full. Nice.

Tonight was a nice night at the gate practice. With the snow it meant another light night of riders. We were able to hit the gates all night and never had to take a break as one of the fathers sat in for us and ran the gates. The good and bad is that we got to ride hard all night, the bad was I was fried at the end. Then to top it off the drive home was crappy with the snow and wind. But made it home and now I'm watching the tour. Later..

5 comments:

DIHAF? said...

That must have been Sugs.

He is always complaining that it is hard for a bidness man to make an honest dollar and do some honest biznass without the ma stepping on his neck.

I myself am licensed to fish.

DIHAF? said...

point of clarification.

It is the man, not the ma, that Sug is always talking about.

Anonymous said...

What da he!!, my ma's always stepping on ma neck to! It isn't easy being a bidness man between da johns, da man and da ma's, they be bringing the sugs down.

Jay said...

The man is always pulling you down. Ma stepping on the neck will be my next step to get them to pay.

Anonymous said...

Good idea, you send your mama after them, they'll pay fo'shure