Sunday, September 11, 2005

Boiling point

How hot can it get in the field before you pop? Wow it was another hot one in Kewaunee in the fields. The first to race was Maddie and she pulled another 3rd place. She did well and said she is enjoying the races. In the beginning it was a little of a bummer because she was so nervous and really didn't want to race. Now she just goes and races and gets it done. I'm very proud of her. Next was Nate and Cece. Nate was in the lead group but said he just didn't have it and came in 7th place today. He races well and never complains about his finishes and I hope that at the next 2 races that he pulls it together and maybe places in the top 3 again. As for Cece she got another 3rd place today and that is good since school has started and she gets little sleep trying to get the school work done.

As for me I got in a group of 3 of us and we got a good gap by the time we hit the dirt. We were able to drop Todd and that left only Paul and myself. Paul pulled and we got a lead that none of the others could close. During the first lap I just hit the heat in the fields and bam I popped. I got to the point that I threw up and felt like quitting. Paul yelled at me and said let's keep it rolling. I did and the when we hit the last single track I got caught behind the slow women and on was walking over the little rock garden and Paul got a gap before the road. I rode it in as I was in 2nd and was making sure that no one in my age group got me. That was the worst I have ever felt from the heat and just pushed it on and kept on rolling. This 2nd place now makes it a large enough gap that I have 2nd locked up.

As for the others there was some great finishes. Sara got the elite ladies over win which is way cool. I can't wait to see her finish in the Fat Tire 40. And Holly got a 3rd overall to. Ron got a 10th place and the goat got 11th. And Jerry rolling to a 2nd in age. And Jack Hammer getting in the top 20 also. To all the others good job. See some of you at the Fat Tire 40.
Later..

No comments: