Monday, September 05, 2005

Labor Day

Well what a great weekend. I did a ride on Sat with Dan, Jerry, Jeff, Russ, Copper, and John. We meet at 60th and Oakwood and rode around windlake. It was a nice tempo 55 mile ride. I needed a ride that wasn't a hammer ride as last week it was a race Sun then Tues and Wed and then the group ride on Thur. My legs were still tired and I needed a ride that I didn't hammer on. I was lucky because the guys didn't mind that I sat in for most of the ride. I got home and washed the car and truck and then waxed both of them.

I didn't ride on Sunday as we went to Ottawa lake in Waukesha county somewhere. I was a great day at the lake as the kids just played in the water and we all had a blast. The kids needed a time to just run around and play after the first week of school. After every other weekend of racing it was what we needed to just break up the training and racing.

Today we went to CR and rode with Jerry and Al. We did a bunch of runs on the single track and then went to the top. We rode for about 1.5 hours. It was a fun ride and just what the body needed no real hammer. I love riding the single track there and can ride it for hours and never get tired of it. On the way home we saw Ron and Toni and they were at St. Martins fair which is a circus in the streets. Maybe next year if we are home and not racing we will go there to so the kids a different culture.

Well Not much but the family time together and a little riding to get ready off the next race. Have to get off the computer so the kids can play some games. Later..

No comments: