Friday, September 02, 2005

Holiday weekend

Well there is one more race at CR next week. This week was a shorter race because it get's dark way to soon for all the racers to finish. I felt tired and raced that way the last time up the hill as Steve caught me and Al almost did to. Nate and Danny rode together as I told Nate to just ride at a good pace because he was tired from Sunday and Tuesday at the track. He rode to get the legs spun out and work on his single track. Maddie rode her 3 laps around the cap and played with Liz and hit a bucket of golf balls. I enjoy the trails at CR and may got there over the weekend if I don't feel like riding the road.

The Tursday ride was a fast one as Billy Jones and a few of the fast guys from Endeaver were on the ride. I went to the front down woods road and took my pull. Then the guys took their pulls and the next thing I know we are going 30 mph into the wind. Needless to say I sat in and then when we hit the hills they all just took off and we were off the back. Jeff and Dan worked real good and we could always see them but everytime they got to a stop light it would change when we were like 20 yards away. We caught them down woods road and rode in with them. Next week may be the last ride or we may need to shorten up the course we take. Today is a day off the bike.

Tonight Cece is going to sit on a phone bank for one of the tv stations to take money for the people who ar e now homeless down south. That means the kids and I are on our own for the night. Maybe some take out pizza and a movie is in order. Tomorrow we are doing a group ride with a bunch around wind lake at 8:45am and then maybe I'll cookout with the family. Go to go. Later..

No comments: