Sunday, September 25, 2005

Sunburst Raindown

Well what can I say? The first 3/4 of the family had perfect racing conditions. Maddie we think has strep throat again but she raced and pulled in a 3rd place again. She was smiling coming past for her second lap, what a great feeling that she is enjoying the racing as much as she is. Nate dropped the bomb again and finished 2nd in the cit boys 10-14. He did well and it was fun to watch he come by after the first bottom half and he caught the wave in front of him and they were flying. In the end he finished I think 13th overall for the cit class. All I think is boy, the kid is flying for a little squirt. I hope that he just keeps up the training and enjoying the racing. Cece again was 3rd in her age group and 8th overall for the cit ladies. Man she only races her bike I wish she would train and try a few of the sport or the WEMS races. But hey she is racing and I'm not complaining.

Now for the fun part of the day. I was in a real different type of feeling before the race started. Knowing that I couldn't get the series overall and had 2nd locked up it was a different feeling. Not the typical dozens of times to the blue coffins to leave a deposit or a nervous feeling or anything. I just had to ride the race and enjoy it and let it end the way it did. I started the usual way the 3 or 4 of us in the lead and riding along. After the first bottom swing I was in 2nd and Paul was off the front but as we got to the hill climb Todd and I caught him and the 3 of us rode together for a while and then we rode that way until the end of the first lap. Then we rode up the hill and a few of the other racers caught as we were just riding not pushing it. And then fun started. It started raining during our climb and we ended up walking our bikes some because of the rain. I was sitting in 4th and I picked up my bike and it was easier because all the mud that the others were getting in their bikes. I went in to the field and it was raining so hard and all I had to ride with my eyes closed at times and came out of the field in 2nd. I caught the rider in front of me and rode with him for a while. When we got to the top it was thundering and lighting and all and I'm thinking holy crap. But rode on and the Mike caught us and it was the 3 of us riding together. We heard that the race was shortened and I hit the gas to try to drop the others and it worked. Coming into the last long mud uphill I slipped and had to run up the last part and Mike caught and passed me. I'm thinking crap that's it and the race is his but he caught me at the top and I got on the gas and tried to chase him down. I was gaining on him and was right there and I'm thinking close but not this time and he misses the chute and I wave to him and come across as the winner. But bummer for Mike as he worked hard but I pulled the rug at the end for the win. But as it goes know the course and the finish or you may pay. I got the win for my age today and was 3rd overall for sport.

I didn't stick around for the results of others as it was raining again and I had 3 kids to bath and 4 bikes to clean when I got home. So I will check the results later and great job to all who raced and finished in the mud and rain. Only one more race and 3 or 4 pub crawls to finish this year. Next weekend there are 3 races and a pub crawl. Enough said for racing it's time to ride and drink. Later..

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

Why Can't Search Engines do SEO?
It's time to hire an SEO... I'll file this one under: Search Marketer's, What Will They Think of Next - :) I was on the Yahoo Search Blog doing a "search in this blog" for Weather.
I have a work at home moms site/blog. It pretty much covers work at home moms related stuff.

Mountaingoat said...

Nice finish!

Jay said...

Thanks it was a blast.

Star Capital Management said...

What a race, sorry I missed it!