Friday, September 30, 2005

9/30

Went for a easy ride with Nate today. We hit some local trails by the house and we found big puff ball mushrooms and Nate was picking them and throwing them at the trees. It was hilarious to watch them explode and fly everywhere. I put some new tires on the single speed and they were fun to ride. They are the Kenda flames and are 2.125. They make the bike about 5#'s heavier. The tires are slicks and leave a flame pattern in the ground as you ride. It should be fun on the ride tomorrow.

I have been riding easy all week and now after the recovery I'm ready to ride again. I'm doing the Lake Geneva ride and taking Nate to the cross race on Sunday. If I don't drink to much maybe I'll race the cross race. I know I can do it on a hangover as last year Russell and I drank a gallon of Mogan David concord grape wine at Bonnies crib and did a cross race the next day. It was a little of a struggle at the start but as the race went on I felt better. So we will have to see how it goes tomorrow. Have a great race to all those racing and good rides to those who are riding. Later..

No comments: