Wednesday, September 07, 2005

Last CR race

Well the races at CR are done for the year. As fitting as it was we don't ride in the rain but tonight we raced in the rain. We started off in a light rain and it was a little slick in the corners on the Alpha trail. I was on the Alpha on the 2nd lap and heard a load lighting strike that was close. It started to rain real hard but I was already on the single track on the other side of the road so I kept riding. There was a lot of puddles in the corners and you had to ride pretty slow or you would be on the ground before you know what hit you. I finished my lap and they said we are only counting 1 lap so I ended up in 4th and 1st age group. I figured if you have top race in it you might as well do the training race in the rain as we haven't raced in the rain yet. I finished 2nd in age group for the year which isn't to bad as I only was able to make half of the races. Ron won the most races and will get his prize money to. Great job Ron.

Nate raced real well today also as he finished 1st age group and did his 2 laps also. He came up the hill full of mud and was loving it. He beat many of the adults today as they were afraid of the mud and turns in the water. He just rode right through them. He finished 2nd in age for the year also and he only made half of the races also.

Today before the races I ran to the shop and put a new head set in my bike and Cece's bike. Wouldn't you know I would have to end up in the rain on the first ride. Cece's bike needed a new one for a while and Russell order me 2 Tange because he said for half the cost of the King you get one just as good with a life time warranty. I figured I would give them a try. They look nice and felt good today.

Well tomorrow is the last group ride for the road bikes also. We are looking that maybe in 2 weeks that we are starting the night rides on Wed. So get the light's ready and see you on the night rides. Well have to go get some ice cream and hit the bed soon. Later..

No comments: