Friday, November 10, 2006

Criss Cross'n

We hit the barn last night for some gate practice as we needed it for the races this weekend. Goat showed up with his kids, I brought my punks and fast girl and little fast girl. Plus Danny and Randy rounded it out. The practice was fun and I have to get a few more to get used to the new track. I was still slowing down going over the first drop about 20 feet from the gate. After that I felt ok but that drop was killing me. Nate had it down and was hitting the gates like he never missed a day and should do fine from the start and be to his winning ways right away. Maddie was riding great and I wish should would try racing but I'm not going to push it and maybe down the road she will. It was a longer practice this week and again next week as they dropped gates until 8pm. These are the only times that they do run longer gate practice as the Nationals are over Thanksgiving week.

Tomorrow Nate and I are going to hit the cross race in Janesville and then race Sat afternoon at the bmx track and then race at the track on Sunday. So if the weather is crappy come and watch some bmx racing. The practice is at 2-5pm on Sat and racing about 5pm. On Sunday the practice is 10am-1pm and racing about 1pm. The gate practice times are specific to keep it moving and save for every one there. The first couple of weeks it is packed and then it slows down some later in the year. Come out and see some good and fast racing if you get a chance. Time to go for a fish fry. Later..

No comments: