Tuesday, June 15, 2010

Last 2 bite

This would be more enjoyable then the last 2 races were, even though I just watched them.


OK I will take the bait and post what I think about the last 2 races. The were not good at all and to say that they are just about racing is a cop out. I will give a little break to the guy who put on the race at 9 mile as he is new, but the race course sucked. He was a lazy director in my book as there is so much cool single track and areas to cover and to not use it to the maximum is just to lazy to put the work in to mark it. I was able to do a pre ride at 9 mile and I thought the race was a waste of good trails and time. Hopefully in the future the director does better in a course lay out. If there aren't many changes I can see a lot less people showing up in the future to.

Now as for Sunburst Dave has been putting on the race for years and it should be getting better, but it has not. To really only cut grass and then put little pink flags up and call it a race is pure BULLSHIT. Dave needs to go out and find a way to make it so people can ride it more and at least beat a some what trail in as it was so far the worst race in the series for the last 4 or 5 years. Save should be looking to improving the race and I don't see him doing that and for that reason alone Don should be looking at a new race to take it's place. Even at least make some changes or do the course in a different direction or something, but as the course is it SUCKS.

We are in a hard spot as Nate is in a very competitive group of racers and missing 1 could mean a lot so we try to go to them all. As it is he will miss one for the Jr National Road camp that he is going to. So yeah we are stuck going to the SHITTY races to. I would much rather drive 4 plus hours and I do the better races in the WORS series because they are fun. I do not just skip a SHITTY race and say Oh I rode for 3 hours at the kettles as that is even more of a waste of time then racing a SHITTY course. So I hope that the race directors put more thought into making a better race course for the racers. I know it is easy to sit back and say all this as I don't put on a race but I have helped at many and helped cut many trails for races. So that said the last 2 races were not good. Enough as I hope at least Don puts on a better race this weekend. Later..

2 comments:

Anonymous said...

BMX :-)

Jay said...

Getting close to doing that instead of a lot of the WORS race.