Sunday, June 20, 2010

ToAD #4

My view of Nate racing today. From the Pace car with Jack.

Today was a crit in Appleton for Nate. The drive was OK as the weather was nice and again a perfect day for some racing. Nate toed the line with 60 plus racers this morning and the course was a nice flat wide open 4 corner race. It was also nice to see Myles, his sister Cloe and his Mom Amy come to watch. I have to say that I am sorry to run as Jack asked me to ride in the pace car for the race and that doesn't happen often so I jumped in. It was different as being on the move and the corners short picking Nate out was a little tough bit at the end we seen the sprint coming and he pulled off a 4th place in a pretty much photo finish of the top guys all across the line. Another good finish and fun time with a road race at Road America raceway tomorrow. But I have to say the funny thing today was Joe Curtis taking a bunch of primes and then sprinting for the win with 1 lap to go and raising his arms and being told by the announcer that he had 1 lap to go. Joe still finished a strong 10th I think but it was funny. Well time to get some rest as we have to be on the road at 5:30 am for the race. Later..

No comments: