Sunday, August 15, 2010

Nate wins the FIAC track National Championship

Nate on the top box, Alex taking 2nd and Mitch 3rd.

Nate in the pace line during warm up.

Nate at the front of the pace line during warm up.

Mitch at the front of the pace line during warm up.

Aris on the 3rd box.

Well for the weekend Nate, Aris, Gus, myself, Christie lived at the Washington Park Velodrome for the FIAC Track National Championships. Today Cece, Maddie, Jessie and Chris came down to cheer the guys on also. The big help was Mitch who came down to race the points race to help ensure Nate's winning the omnium for the Jr 18 and under. So when the dust settled after yesterday and today Nate is the National Champion. Aris raced super good and in the end he took 3rd in the Sr men and for only racing 2 times on the track before he rocked it and was fun to watch.

It was a great weekend of racing and I have to Thank Lenn for the wheels he has lent Nate as they make Nate I feel race better. I also have to thank Gordy and Rita Kacala for their help over the weekend as I know Gordy made the difference on how Nate and Aris did in their races. Also thanks to Gus for coming along and yelling at the boys all weekend and for all the help.

But today I have to say I am glad to hear that Andy one of the 50 plus master racers is OK after taking a bad crash in the 60 lap points race. After running to see if he was Ok he was unconscious and his breathing was labored. After about a minute he woke up and was feisty and and wanted to get up but we talked to him to keep him on the ground till the medics got there to take over. Tony called me to tell me that Andy broke his shoulder, collar bone and 4 ribs. So sad to hear that as he is going to be laid up for a while. I pray for a speedy recovery.

We now back to school for Nate and Maddie tomorrow. I know so early you all think but they are done the 2nd week of May while everyone else is in school for another month. But then Jess starts September 1st so she is having a little more fun but like I said in the spring next year Nate and Maddie will be out having fun so in the end it works out. Time to make sure that Nate and Maddie are ready for the early wake up. Heck I beat Nate is tired after the races so I hope he stays awake. Most of all I hope Maddie is ready as she just got home Friday night from Mexico after being there for 4 weeks. Oh well just have to wait and see. Later..

1 comment:

GARAGE864 said...

SO RAD....CONGRATS