Sunday, March 12, 2006

BMX'n


Nate and I hit the BMX scene again today. Got there and hit the open gates for as many of the drops as I could. Had to get the legs loosened up from the ride yesterday. They weren't sore or anything but you know had to move the junk out. After a few gates I felt pretty good. Nate was flying in the gate practice so I knew he would do fine. Well Pat and I are sitting shoot'n the shit and we hear a bike slam the ground and a big crack. Well I look and it's the Boy laying there in the same spot that took the wheels right out from under the Ronsta. No big hicky on the side of the Boys neck but he smashed the front of his helmet up but had all his teeth. He does look like he my have a shiner where the helmet moved up and hit his face. Pat and I got him up and he was hitting the gate's like nothing happened. Good sign.

Well in the racing Nate was flying and made the mains in both cruiser and age. In age he took 1st place and in cruiser he took a 5th. I took a 3rd place in my cruiser class. Sam the rocket was racing his first race at inter and his boost was shut off I think today. He just didn't look the same today but everyone has a bad day, he will be fine next week I bet. Maddie J. also raced today and is looking better each week. She missed making the mains in age and open also. Also Ty, Tony's brother came and cheered his nephew on today racing his new bike as Tony pulled Russell around for a road bike ride.

Hope that everyone that raced and road had a good day as the weather looks and sounds bad right now. Have to go and get the kids in bed. Later..

2 comments:

tosacrosser said...

So we're on the way home and my dad says: "Wow, that Nathan sure is a tough kid." Yep. Too bad Sammy was in dud mode today :( but Maddie loved it and Nate sure had a good day at the track.

Jay said...

Nate has a nice black eye today from where the helmet shifted up and hit his cheek. Tough as nails kid must get it from Cece. The kids all have a off day and Sam will be fine next race.