Thursday, March 02, 2006

Last 1

Well the gate practice night's are over for the year. What is one to do now? Just have to train on the road bikes now. Well the entire gang was there and we were hitting it all night as it was open gates the entire night. I was going in as many gates as my body would let me. By the end I was so tired that it felt like I did a long race. It was a great night. I wish that there was more practices as there is 4 more weekends of racing but that is ok as we can do other training to keep in shape for the racing. We are going to skip the Parkside races and do the bmx races for the rest of the year. Nate is doing great as he is sitting 4th in 20 inch and I'm also sitting in the top 5 in cruiser right now. So we hav eto get the points now as in the summer we miss the races to race WORS. We are going to hit some of the races in Rockford on weekends that there is not a WORS race and do the Nationals at Rockford.

It was a fun year at the track as there was a ton of new racers from the WORS racers that are now coming to the track to give the BMX racing a try. There was a ton of kids that came and they all had a blast hanging out together for the winter and riding their bikes. That is the most fun to see as the kids all rode together and helped each other get better each week. I hope that a few of the other kids give racing a try and join the fun that Nate and I have each week. Went to BW3's after the practice and everyone showed up so that was a cool time also. Have to go and shower and ge to bed. Later..

No comments: