Thursday, March 09, 2006

We miss the barn

It felt kind of different today as I picked up the kids and we weren't heading to the barn for some bmx gate practice. I always enjoyed the practice as we got to goof around with everyone and try to beat each other into the ground. I think the practices this year really helped in the races and I hope it will carry over to the WORS races. Since there was no gate practice the 3 of us headed down to the basement and did a sprint workout on the rollers. Nate did a 30 minute spin on the rollers to loosen up the knee and said it felt a lot better after the ride. His knee looks a lot better and he will only spin easy at the spin class tomorrow and he should be ready for the bmx races this Sunday. I hope that it doesn't rain so everyone can get to race at the Parkside races and get their 5 hour rides in. I will do the Wheel ride and after the bmx racing is done I will amp it up for the WORS races. With the training I have done I should be fine for the season.

I will take the mtn bikes down and go over each one and see if any work needs to be done. I have to put the Fox fork on the single speed and get it ready as I'm thinking that I will race that this year in WORS. Nate is looking at starting off in cit it as he is only 11 and moving up to sport half way through the season. Maddie is 10 and is going to do the cit youth and see how that goes and do a few of the cit races at the end if all goes well. As for Cece I don't know if and what she is going to race. She hasn't ridden the bike yet and only rode it when she raced last year. So that is the some what is going to maybe happen.

As far as other races we are planning on doing 9 or 10 of the WORS races. The Ore 2 shore. And the weekends that there is no WORS races we are planning on doing some of the bmx races either in Rockford or maybe upnorth. No real plans on what the A races are but as it looks we may be racing just about every weekend. We will just have to see how it all pans out. Later..

4 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

We miss the barn also.

Ronsta, said...

Don't miss the barn next weekend, triple race!

Jay said...

We will be there all 3 days. Ron are you doing all 3 days?

Ronsta, said...

He11 Yeah!