Saturday, March 04, 2006

Taking a day at a time.

Well last night we had the spin class down in Racine with Gordy and the youth team. It was cool as Gordy had the lights off and a single red spot light on. It was a great way to ride as the kids and myself all kind of concentrated better and not day dreamed. They kids are getting better each week and there form is looking great. We did a sprint workout last night and I could feel it in my legs from the long gate practice at the bmx track the night before. By the end I felt better and Nate and Maddie we cooked. We enjoy the spin classes and the kids are always looking forward to the workout that Gordy puts them through. Parkside starts next week but we are going to do the bmx thing as Nate and I are sitting good in the over all points right now.

Also last night after the spin class I went to Bald Eric's for his big 40th B-Day. All I can say is add alcohol and fire and you have a endless show. If it wasn't locked up or tied down it had a great shot of ending up in the fire. The empty beer bottles were the first and we had fun watching them melt and Drew trying to get them out with out breaking them or burning his hand. Then the pieces of old bikes were the next to make it in to the fire. Handle bars, chainstays and bottom bracket and a old fork that when the seal let go it was a good show. Russell after a few beers ( 40 oz ) tried to place his cell phone on the top of a log and it fell in the fire. The tool fool put his hand in the fire and grabbed the phone and no damage done, amazining he didn't loose the phone of a few layers of skin on the hand. It was a fun time to see a lot of the other guys that I haven't seen since before the New Year.

Well after getting home at 1:30am from the party and a few beers the ride this morning almost wasn't. But I have to start getting some rides outside if I have a chance at any good racing. It was the first ride on the road bike outside since December. It felt kind of weird. I rode my old Schwinn for the first time in 2 years since I bought my S Works. I like my S Works way more but I don't want to get all the salt and shit all over my good bike. I didn't a harder ride then I had planned but Oh well. Russell felt good on the ride and was doing some long and strong pulls. It must have been the 40 of PBR and the 40 of Old Milwaukee. I think he should drink more often as he looked strong today. Had a good pace that it blew up John B once we hit 7 mile road. You got to think WTF are some people thiking as Dave S was following us and John could have gotten a draft behind the car and stayed with us but his sorry out of shape ass couldn't even do that. We were all changed and going home or in the shop when he got done. Oh well. I felt good and was working through the pace line fine for the first ride outside in 2 plus months.

Tomorrow Nate and I are heading to the bmx races and there are only 4 more races at the barn this year. It should be a good day to go to the races as it is supposed to snow and be a crappy day outside anyhow as we are to get 2 to 4 inches of snow in the morning. Why not as I washed the car and truck after the ride. So if you all have nothing better to do then try a race this year also. Pat is also going to be there with Sam and maybe Maddie, so we can help anyone who needs help. Well time to finish folding clothes and run to Office Max for some sticky labels to write down our race motos. Later..

2 comments:

Mountaingoat said...

You have to head down a do a Saturday ride with us soon.

Jay said...

I will get to a ride right after the bmx races is done. I will ride maybe both sat and sun. Just don't drop me.