Sunday, March 05, 2006

First Win

This morning got up and loaded the bikes and then Nate and I headed to the bmx track. Once we got there it was a small crowd today. There is a National in Nebraska and with the snow in the forecast it kept a lot of the people away. That was ok as we got out of there before 2pm. Nate had to race the 12 year old inters and 1 expert for age. He made the mains in the first moto and then took a 2nd place in the age class main. In cruiser he had to race a 12 & 16 year old expert for a total pointer and took a 3rd in the end. He did fine and is just happy to be racing and not worried that he didn't have a class that he could have maybe won, just racing makes the kid happy.


I had to qualify for the main again today. With Bryan Dickerson in Nebraska this weekend I had a chance for the win. I qualified for the main by winning my first moto. In the main I had the shit gate 8. I had a good gate start and got to the corner even and hit the low high into the first corner and never stopped peddling. I got out of the corner first and then just pumped it in the rtythm section and peddled over the last table for a solid win. It is my first win in the bmx racing and I hope that maybe a few more t come down the road. I don't think I'll catch up to Nate though.

Congratulations to Sammy the Rocket as he won again today and has now moved up to intermediate. He won by a ton and I think he will be winning in intermediate at no time. He also had a good race in open and got a 3rd place. He is flying and I think will be a great bmx racer down the road as he has the skills and started nice and early. Maddie J. also raced today and took a 3rd place. It was fun to see Maddie enjoy the racing. I have to get my Maddie there to race one of these days to race. She has said no and I'm not going to push it right now.

Now I'm looking out the window and it looks like I will have to go out and shovel later. Going to take the day off the bike tomorrow and just mellow out. Nate and I are still thinking that we are going to race the bmx races and skip Parkside. Will have to see if it is like 50 to 60 degrees and sunny maybe we will go to the Parkside race and then take off so we could race the bmx races after he races. Just have to see how it goes. I hope that everyone got in a ride early today as it looks like the snow is going to be coming down for a while. I hope it melts by the weekend so the races are still on. Time to go and eat. Later..

8 comments:

SugsCandy said...

Sounds like it was a good day at the bmx track! Way to go! We did get a trail ride in earlier this morning. Da Sugs, Randy, Russell and I did the Tosa trails, conditions were okay, at least they were still frozen. But as it looks now, no more trails for a while. Darn.

SugsCandy said...

oh, forgot, bubba was there too.

Jay said...

It was a fun day with good results. You have to get a bike for next year Sug.

Ronsta, said...

Congrats!

bubba said...

Nice job Nate.....

I suppose the old man deserves a shout out too.
GOOD SHOW BOTH OF YOU.

Mountaingoat said...

Good job Jay. You're lucky I wasn't there. Then you would have been able to also say you beat me.

tosacrosser said...

I didn't know that Jay's mouth could grin that wide. It went all the way to his ears. If only I had my camera....

Jay said...

Thanks everyone, even Pat. Goat you would have been in a different age group then me though. You all need to come and try a race. Even Russell has tried a few already and done well.