Sunday, May 07, 2006

1 done

Well that kind of has a double meaning. The first race is in the books and the first family member is done for awhile. Cece was doing the pre ride and fell and seems to have a fracture in her elbow. We spent 2 hours at the hospital and thanks to Barb, Jerry and Russell as they watched the punks as we got pictures of Cece's elbow. Needless to say no racing for her and then Maddie has been sick so no racing for her either. I wasted 2 entries and the 2 didn't race. Maddie could have I think as she was running all over the place but what ever. We stayed at the Best western and the pool and water slides and all were cool so that is always fun.

Race day was cool and then the Punk Boy was ready for his race in Cit 10-14. After the pre ride I was thinking that he may be off a little but he had a good start and took it from there to take a solid 2nd place. Nate is really got the mind and the power to do well and never give up. We thought about moving him to sport but being only 11 he doesn't need the pressure to try to race that hard right now. So the crying parents will just have to kiss my ass as he races and beats their kids for a while.

My race went well as I didn't know what to expect as I was moving to single speed. I remember getting passed by a few single speeders last year in races and thinking that they were faster and that I would be happy to finish in the top 7 or 8 would be fine. I got a good start and hung on a few of the guys that were ahead of me and got a gap and worked with a guy from the point team. On the 2nd lap I told him that I needed to get around him in the single track area as he was moving to slow and I was getting kind of worried that others may have been catching us. I put the hammer down then and dropped him and never seen him again. But then I never seem the guys in front of me either. In the end I finished 3rd and that was way better then I expected so a good start to the race season. Now I have to wait and see at the next race as Alpine has a lot climbing and the leg just doesn't do well at some of those courses.

Kudo's to everyone else that raced as I don't have the memory or the energy to type all the results right now. Sorry. But to everyone thanks for yelling words of encouragement to me during my race. Later..

1 comment:

Ronsta, said...

Thanks a TON for the handups today and great job to you and Nate. Hope Cece recovers soon and good to hear Maddog is feeling better.