Wednesday, May 17, 2006

Toast


Did the Bone Ride today and I was toast about 111 miles into the ride. The ride from Tosa to Madison was a nice pace and the groups stayed together real well. The rain on the way there was kind of shitty but all were able to make it to Madison no problem. We got there and went to Noddles and Co like we do every year ate and gathered for the ride home. I got in the front group and we were riding along at a brisk pace of 30 mph plus on the flats at times and up the hills at 25 mph plus. Doing all this as it was pouring rain. I made it for about 40 miles but with the heart rate pegged at max plus for 40 miles I pulled off that group to ride with the group behind me. That group didn't show up for about 20 miles so I was in no where land by myself and riding along just hoping that it would ride up. Well it did just as I was going up a hill and I said later as another group was still coming. Just as that group was coming it started to pour and hail so I said enough and got in the van for the ride to the cycle shop in Hartland and got a ride to Joes with John. At the end I had 130 miles on the legs and with the rain hail and cold that was enough as I was toasted by then. This is the first time I didn't make the entire ride but hey it still beats a day at work. Congrats to Russell, Jeff Senn, Jack, Joe, Jim G., Mike G, John T., B-dog, Spring Bob, John B. and the others I forgot. As they all made the entire ride. Can't wait until next year as I always enjoy the ride and will get in a more appropriate group for the ride home.

Doing the KR ride in Waterford on Sat morning with Hayes Youth team and Russell. Then we are going to Alpine for the pre ride for the race on Sun. Cece is going to Minnesota for our niece's baptism and taking Jessie along so I have only 2 punks for the weekend. That should be a fun time. Well time to go and clean the bike from the ride today and get some rest. Later..

5 comments:

The Shed Master said...

I think a few people didn't eat at Noodles for lunch. Whereever they went, they must've had Piss&Vinegar because the pace back was brutal.

Anonymous said...

We had fun on the way home....am still trying to figure out why Bdog can't hold 30 for more than 2 seconds. He needs to work on that for next years ride.
Hope you are feeling better today...can I bring my steed over to have you clean and rebuild? I am getting tired of cleaning my machine after all these wet ones.
Eck

Jay said...

B-Dog is playing possum I bet. The ride was ok but I feel good toady and looking forward to the race this weekend. I already have to clwean my bikes the wife's and the punks after each race. So what the heel bring here I guess 1 more won't matter.

DIHAF? said...

You could ride in any group. You probably put in over 90 miles more than your 2nd longest ride of the year because you couldn't get your distance this spring. At that rate you will be good for 220 by next week. The only way I would have attempted that feat is in a sidecar. Does Russell have a sidecar for his road bike? Does it have a cooler? I am just thinking ahead to next year.

DIHAF? said...

For me that is.