Sunday, September 10, 2006

Sun Burst


Here is a picture of Myself and Monte Milner at the NORBA Nationals. Monte used to live in Racine but his job now took him to living in Reno. We both enjoyed the race and he finished several places and a couple of minutes behind me.

Yesterday The Boy, Sammi, and John went and pre rode the course. As always nothing really changed except that they added a little more trail in the open bumpy field.

To start today Maddie raced and looked good and finished 2nd again in the race. If she raced the entire series she could have won it or at least finished a solid 2nd. She may finish 3rd if she races well but it is looking like a 4th at the end. Nate had a bad day as he finished 6th today. 4 older day taggers raced today and Nate wasn't feeling all that good at the start and I could tell that he was going to have a off day at the races. He did well and is still in 1st and with another good finish he should be able to win the overall. Cece had a good race and finished 2nd in hers. She was having a rough start and had to walk her bike for a bit and then had to play catch up and pass others to get back to 2nd place. Again If she raced more of the races this year and didn't crack her elbow in the first race she could have been in the top 2 or 3. But oh well not bad for a weekend racer that doesn't train.

I had a good race I guess. I was with the lead 2 guys in the SS and then got caught in a mess in the single track and got crashed by another racer and lost contact and never closed it and had to settle for 3rd place today. I felt good but the last time up the hill I was glad that I didn't have to do it 5 or 6 times. If I have another good race and a solid one at one I may be able to hold on to a top 3 finish. Just have to wait and see I guess. Big props to John L as he looked strong and should be able to hold on to the Comp Overall. Great job John. More props to the other racers as some looked like they were hating it and others were just flying around the course. Next up is the Cheq this weekend. See you there or the nexr race. Later..

No comments: