Sunday, September 24, 2006

Weekend update

We got the truck loaded and meet with Jerry and Barb on Sat and went to the WORS race in Wisconsin Rapids. After getting there The Boy, Jerry and myself headed to the course for a quick spin while the girls hit the pool. I felt great during the pre ride and figured it would be a good race. Jerry and I had Nate lead the pre ride lap at his pace so he wouldn't be trying to keep up and blow up and have a bad race. He was riding the single track real good and I knew he would have a good race by the way he was riding. Oh yea Jerry was looking good also. We got back to the room and the girls took off for their pre ride. The women said that they liked the course and were looking forward to the race. We ordered pizza's and sat in the room and relaxed for the rest of the night.

Race day morning was a usual eats at the hotel and get to the race and send the family off one at a time. Maddie went off first and was riding well and I was waiting for her to come at the last road area and all these kids she beats at the races come by so I'm wondering where she was. Well all of a sudden I see her running and she says my pedal fell off. I told her to get on and ride her bike one legged and finish the race that way. She finished the race and got a 5th place. She handled it well and I'm proud of her as she kept on pushing and finished the race. Nate was next and he was riding real well and finished 2nd in age and 14 the overall. A kid that was older then him sat his wheel and came by him up the last gravel hill. He still had a good race and I think he has locked up the overall win in his age. Cece finished 3rd in her age group and I think 10th overall in the ladies cit class. Jessie also raced the kids race and got her medal today also. I was the last to line up and race today. I got the call up and the first place guy and the 3rd place weren't there so I liked the odds right away. Don yelled GOOOO and off we were down the bumpy road. I settled for 2nd wheel and sat there and got towed down the road. Andy was on my wheel and got around me on the road and I sat his wheel for part of the first lap and we exchanged pulls until the 3rd and final lap. I got on a faster wheel coming past and got into the single track in front of him. The guy in front of me went down and I got past him and Andy didn't. Then about 100 yards further the next guy goes over the bars and I get by him and then I pick up the pace and Andy is going back. I was able to get past a few more racers and pull out the first win for me in the Single Speed class. I came close twice this year but I finally got the win. It was a good weekend and only one more race and then the season is over. If the last race left goes well I can maybe get a 2nd or 3rd overall for the series even after messing up my hand so I think the season is going pretty good even after busting my hand up. Time to get the kids to bed. Later..

2 comments:

Ronsta, said...

Nice job rockin the single!

DIHAF? said...

Good ride!