Sunday, October 03, 2010

Cross'n at the Domes





So it has been a busy weekend of racing for Nate. Yesterday he raced the cross race at the domes and it was a killer course. Nate toed the line for the Jr race and was sitting good for a while and just moved backwards as the race went on and finished 4th or 5th. Being the first race of the year I think that he needs to get back into the efforts and the running. After the Jr race Nate then raced the cat 4's and finished 5th in that race. Mitch has a awesome day of racing as he won both the Jr and cat 4 race, congrats on a great day. Good day of racing and then we hung around to watch the rest of the racing action. Good action in all the racing and as always a blast to watch.

Then last night it was off to Mo's Irish Pub in Tosa to celebrate Bonnie's 40th Birthday. It was nice to hang with all the gang again. It had been a while since I seen many of the others and it was nice to catch up. Thanks Bonnie and John for the invite. Oh yeah it was awesome to be out and have no one smoking in the place, what a treat to be able to breath and not smell like shot when you go home.

Today Nate raced a cross race in DeKalb Illinois. He took 3rd in the Jr race and did not race the 4's as it was full. Gage took the 1st place in the Jr race and Ryan took a 4th place. I don't know how Gage and Jeremey finished in their other races. Thanks Jeremey for taking Nate to the race.

While they raced I rode and then hung a new gutter on the garage as when we cut the apple tree down a branch took the old one down. That was OK as the old gutter was crappy and leaking at the joints so I needed to get it done. I did it myself and I hope that it holds up and finally doesn't leak on our heads as we walk under it during the rain as that always sucked. Looks pretty good for a person that didn't know what to do in the beginning when I started. Now I have to run and get Nate and then pack for the Weights and Measures conference that I am hosting stating tomorrow till Wednesday. Later..

No comments: