Monday, February 21, 2011

Busy as Hell

Wow what a day it was. I had to clear off a ton of ice off my car this morning after the rain and snow last night that was at least a half inch to an inch thick in spots. While I was at work clearing my car Nate drove out and then back saying the Volvo was acting up. The computer system in the car said that it was in engine protection mode. It would not let the car go over 15 mph. So he took off with the girls and Kyle in the truck, Cece was off as they had the day off, not from others calling in today. So we called a tow and had it towed to the shop and they later called me that the Electronic Throttle Body was done and that is why it was going into what they termed limp home mode. So now I have to have a new Electronic Throttle Body put in tomorrow. Great, but we are just glad that Cece did't have any issues on the trip to the Twin Cities over the weekend. I get to pick the car up tomorrow. Then the fun started once I got to the lot and my work truck was plowed in and the ice was an inch thick on it to. So I had to dig out the truck and and clear the windows for another 1/2 hour. Oh the fun. Then once at work it was haul weights in and out of buildings all day today in the snow and ice. But we got a lot done I did't fall or drop a weight with all the ice out there today. More of the same tomorrow. Then it was come home and Cece was nice enough to clear the ice and snow today on her day off, Thanks Cece. I did get my workout in and I got to sit down and enjoy dinner with the family, then Nate and I got a hair cut from Cece too. Now I get to enjoy a big dish of ice cream and watch Harry's Law. Later..

No comments: