Sunday, February 20, 2011

Weekend at the barn




Yesterday and today Nate and I hit the barn for more bmx racing. Yesterday was a single point night race and Nate took a 1st in open, 2nd in cruiser and a 3rd in in class. I took a 2nd cruiser and missed making the main in 20. Then we spent the night with the Yanke family for the night and as always it was a nice night. Then it was back to the barn for a double point race. Nate had a good day as he took a 2nd in open, 2nd in cruiser and a 3rd in class. I took a 2nd in cruiser a 3rd in class. It was a great weekend of racing as always.

Cece and girls went to Prior Lake Minnesota to visit her brother Chris and his family for the weekend. They called this morning and said they were heading home early to get a start ahead of the weather that going to leave the state in a mess. They called a little bit ago to say that they were about 35 miles out and that they stopped at the Johnson Creek stores to get a break and shop a little on the way home. Maddie said that there was about 35 cars in the ditch on the way home and a few rescue squads at a few of the cars off the road. Just hope that they take their time and make it home safely.

Once I got home from the racing I shoveled the snow that we got while at the races and I have to say that it was heavy as hell. I am so sick of the snow and was hoping once the last of the snow melted that it would be done or at least the snow would be light and easy to move. But I got it done and now it is time to relax and read the paper. Later..

No comments: