Friday, November 25, 2005

Still no dead deer

Yesterday we had a nice Thanksgiving as Cece and the kids got here as did my brother. We didn't hunt as it was like 7 degrees outside and had wind gusts of like 40 plus. We sat and talked and had a great meal that my mother had prepared. We ate and the watched a DVD that my parents had made of pictures of us growing up. Boy 40 years of funny pictures and of great times we all had. Boy life was so simple and we had a blast growing up. Fell asleep at 9pm and then got up at 3 am and Jessica throwing up. Well I didn't do much Cece took care of all that and I went back to bed. Got up at 8 am and have a cold today and feel like shit.

Today I sat in the woods with the boy. We went out in the tree stand and sat there for a couple of hours and we didn't see any deer. I'm kind of thinking that my dad walking with the woods with Maddie and Jessica might have had something to do with it. We could hear Jessica a mile away talking as she was walking and falling. It was snowing the entire time we were sitting in the woods and by the time we came back in we had about 2 inches on our coats and hats. I went back this afternoon and I did see a deer but it was to far away to get a shot at it. I think it was a doe anyhow. Now just killing a 12 pack hoping that will help kill the cold.

Tomorrow we are driving to Minnesota to visit Cece's brothers house and visiting with them for the day. The only good thing is that the price of gas is 20 cents a gallon cheaper in Minnesota. There is a special if you buy a 12 pack of Coke tomorrow you get 5 cents of a gallon up to 5 12 pack purchase. I figure we are buying 5 12 packs of Coke and save the 25 cents a gallon and the truck has a 1/4 tank of gas left. So we are driving to Woodbury and getting the Coke and filling the 44 gallon tank. Figure to save about9 to 10 dollars on the fill up. We should be paying about 1.70 a gallon. Boy the little things that make you happy. Well time to go and pretend that I care. Later..

No comments: