Wednesday, August 09, 2006

8-9-06


Here is a nice picture that we took as we drove 4 days up the coast. There was so many great areas to go down to the beach and eat lunch and play. We stopped a couple of times a day to just play and walk on the beach. We saw we think was a whale one day and got to pick up shells, sand dollars and star fish. It a lot of fun and different from any thing around here. A must if you ever get out west is to drive up the coast.

Yesterday was a night at the track and I went and warmed up and did not race. The kids did race and I gave Nate my bike to race as he is to big to ride the bike he has been racing and was way under geared. He raced better and just needs to get used to a bigger gear and I think he will do better. He took a 3rd and a 4th. Maddie raced well and I put her on Nate's old bike and she looked way better to. She took a 2nd and a 3rd. Oh yea Russell took a first in the danish and licked good in all the other races as well. I think he is racing better each week. The rest of the guys on the team were also winning and taking the money home.

Tonight was the time trials and it was hot and muggy. They went well but I was way under geared as I didn't change it from the last race. I finished 8th overall and 3rd age. Nate died on the 2nd lap and took 2nd in age. Maddie rode around with a couple of other punk girls and hit golf balls. We did a night ride also and I can't wait until we are doing night rides a couple of nights a week.

Went back to work Monday and after being off for 10 weeks I feel lost. But just have to get things in order and correct the mess the others have started and plug along. The hand is holding up and is just a little sore from lifting the gas measure cans. I just have to work through it and it will get better each day. Time to hit the sack. Later..

No comments: