Thursday, August 17, 2006

Spinning along

It has been a little busy with having to do that thing called work again. After putting in a few hours of manual labor testing the gas pumps and scales I manage to get home and fit in some time for the races and riding.

Well on Monday it was a nice recovery ride and the kids also did a recovery ride during the day. Then on Tuesday it was down to the track with the kids, Russell, and Eric. I decided to race and the legs felt like lead and I should have saved the 20.00 and given each kid 10 dollars. I have decided that with my lack of time on the track that I will go to the track and warm up and then get the kids racing and give my entry fee money to them. Then the kids got racing and both of them had a good night. Nate finished a close 3rd in the unknown race and won the miss and out. He is flying and I think that racing my bike has made a big difference. With racing my bike Nate has been giving the kids a tough race as now he has btter gearing and they can't ride away from him. I think many wins are to come if he keeps riding the way he did the other night. Maddie also had a good night of racing as she took a 3rd in the unknown and a 2nd in the miss and out. In the end they didn't seperate the girls and boys out for a race and she didn't earn any money for her finishes so I gave her the money she would have gotten for her finishes. The rest of the team had great finishes and good races through out the night. After the races it was off to the Spot for some of that tasty greasy drive in food.

Last night was the time trials and it was a great night for racing. There were a few more people there for the races then normal for once. Also with the bmx track now almost ready there were a bunch of people riding there also. I had a decent race as we raced 3 laps instead of 2. At the end of the final lap I was begining to cramp going up the last 2 climbs but I was able finish it off nice and finished 2nd in age and 9th overall. Nate rode well and I think he finished 2nd in age also. Danny rode with Nate and said he was tearing up the single track. Maddie and the girls rode around and spent some time on the bmx track. Then we did a night ride and Nate was leading it and he was riding as strong in the dark as he does in the day. Tonight is the beat down and then some easy riding as my brother is coming in to town and we are doing some fun things around town. Have to get going, Later...

No comments: