Wednesday, August 02, 2006

Back in the saddle


Here is a picture of me racing at the NORBA Nationals. I raced at 8 in the morning and it was already in the high 80's and the saving thing was the sun was not out in full as the fog from the bay was still there. Well in the start of the 2nd lap the sun came out and the temps went up for the last 2 laps. I got hand ups every lap from Nate and I needed all the fluids I took from him. I drank 4 bottles during the race and took water at the water station each time also. I was a good race fro me as I finished 29th in the SS open and the top finishers were all pro's.

I went to the track last night with The Boy, Maddie and Russell. I was thinking on the way down maybe I should just warm up and save the $20.00 and give each kid $10.00 extra. But as I warmed up and raced. I could tell I haven't raced at the track yet this year as the night went on my legs went away. The first couple of races I held my ground and then the last race I just didn't have it. I will keep pushing and hope to be able to hold my ground for the rest of the the WORS races. The kids did well as Nate took 2 3rd places and Maddie took 2 2nd places. Russell just finished in the field in his races.

Today I went to the hand Dr. and he said that my summer vacation is over. I have good movement in the fingers and he said that he can't believe that with the damage I had done to the fingers that I should have limitited movement. But with the way that mine move he could not believe it and was just sitting there going move your fingers again I have to see that again. He said I heal great and that he wants to see me in 2 months as he wants to see how much more progress I will have. So it is back to work Monday and then try to plan when to take my 5 weeks of vacation that I have to use before the end of the year.

Tonight are the time trials at Crystal Ridge if the rain holds off. There is 2 races tonight so Nate and I will do both but Maddie will just be riding tonight. The second race will be a night race so the lights are charged and ready to go. Tomorrow is off to to the State Fair with the family. I hope that it is not to hot and alot of the people don't go early as we are going at about 8 am. Well time to go and lift weights and get some things done. Later..

No comments: