Thursday, August 03, 2006

8/3

We went to the time trials and paid to race and then the rain came. We waited for a few minutes to see if it would let up but it only came down harder and the water was running down the ski hill making it impossible to race. We waited inside for the rain to let up and then loaded the bikes and went home. Once I got home I got on the SS and tooled around the Bay View area and lake front. It was cool as I seen 2 red fox by the lake and then seen a bunch of raccoons playing in the water. On my way home I ran into fast guy Mike Phillips and talked to him for awhile before heading home.

This morning the family and I headed to State Fair to see the sights. It was a lot of fun to walk through the animal farms and see the sights at the fir. We then went to the ride area and all the rides all cost a $1.00 to ride and we bought $20.00 dollars worth. Well after a few Maddie was done as she wasn't feeling the best after a few of the spinning rides. Plus the heat I think was getting to all of us. So I rode a few with Nate and then we headed home as we are all sun burnt as hell. We all had fun as it is way better then summerfest and all as there is a lot for the kids and families to do.

Went on the beat down ride tonight and I was wondering if being in the sun all day and not riding that much in the last month would hurt me. But the pace was good and steady and the ride did stay together for the most part as only a few fell off the pace. I'm hoping that I feel good for the race on Sunday and that the rain holds out for the early races. Tonight Dan, Len, John, Bob and a few off the trackies went to a big race at Northbrook. Last year Matt Fox won the race so we are hoping that another Hayes rider can repeat. Time to get something to eat. Later..

No comments: