Sunday, August 06, 2006

Bling, Bling, Bling, Ding

We got the truck packed and then got the kids up at 5:30am to get some breakfast in them and hit the rode. We were watching the radar before leaving and hoping that the rain would be done by the time we hit the race. Well it was close as we got there it was just finishing up with a light drizzle. I got our tags and nice cool shirts. I then got the bikes ready and sent Maddie out for her race. She was not wanting to race but when Don yelled go the race face went on and she took off. When rode by after the lead out she yelled to Cece I can't breath but Cece just said keep going and do your best. She finished 2nd in her class and was so happy and wouldn't stop talking on how fun it was.
Next was sending off Nate and Cece. Nate went first and got on a fast group of 18 year old racers and held his ground on the 4th and dropped all the others in his age. In the first lap he came by and looked the strongest I have seen him this year. He won his age group and I think was in the top 15 for all the citizen racers.
Then Cece took off and being the hard core not training but I will race girl that she is I was wondering how she would handle the hills, tacky mud and all. She came by after the lead out kind of in the back half of group. After the first lap she looked to be moving up and by the finish she was able to pull off a win in her age group also and place 5th overall for the women. Man if she would only train.
I took to line next and had a crappy race starting with the lead out and never getting on a group to try to sit in. I then held onto 6th place from the start to the end. I got caught in the crappy line of racers walking up the muddy hill not that would have been any different as everyone was walking. I then got on the bike and passed racers left and right but never caught any SS racers and had to settle for 6th in the end. I'm hoping to get a few better results before the the end of the year and maybe finish in the top 3 overall. But missing 3 races my put that on slim to maybe none, just have to wait and see. I watched the others race and many were looking like I felt during the race. Russell won his age, Samantha took 4th in elite women, Jack was in the top 15, Ron was about 20th, and Jerry was in there some where also. Good job to all that raced.
Tomorrow is the first day back to work since the gate tried to eat my fingers. I really don't want to go back but I still do want to get back to work at the same time. I have to unpack a bunch of boxes as our office moved while I was out so that is the first day and then get my van and things up to date. This will take a couple of days so it won't be wham back in the grind so it will be nice in that means any how. The good thing is that I used sick time for the time off so I have 5 weeks of vacation to use before the end of the year. I will use a bunch to go to school functions and others for the extended holiday times. Time to read the paper and get the feet up. Later..

2 comments:

Mitch Man said...

I don't think you really work.....

Sarah Lukas said...

Thanks for the handoff jay- congrats to you guys