Friday, August 11, 2006

8/11


Here are the punk kids a the side of the pool at the villa that we stayed at during the NORBA race. It was real nice and only 5 miles from the course. The kids got to swim at every hotel we stayed at and they loved it. Only 1 pool was real nasty as the water was kind of green and the whirl pool had foam about 1 foot high. Needless to say I didn't go in that pool but the kids did. One pool had a nice slide and others were your normal small but nice pools.

I did the Beat Down ride yesterday and the pace was nice for the ride out as we were going between 25 and 32 with a nice tail wind. We waited at a stop sign to regroup but that only meant that the fast guys got a rest and the pace was to pick up soon and that it did. Jeff and Matt picked it up a notch and we were cruising along at 30 mph plus for a good long time. We hung on and then decided to sit up and get a group of about 7 of us and ride at a little slower pace. We caught the guys that fell off and the others that took a short cut and had a nice group to the finish. I need a few more rides like that and I should be ready for the rest of the WORS races.

Well I have been back to work for a week now and I'm getting into the groove again. My fingers are doing fine and were only stiff yesterday from the damp rain in the morning. My leg doesn't even get sore from the damp weather and I'm hoping the fingers don't down the road too. Next week I'm hitting it full speed ahead at work and that should test the fingers then. The good thing is that I still have 5 weeks of vacation to use up before the end of the year so when some nice weather comes in the fall I'll be taking off for a ride or 2.

Time to sit down and get some sleep as I'm going to go and help at the BMX track in the morning. They are hoping to get a lot of it done or maybe finish it as there is a open house next week Sat from 10-1 so come and see the track and maybe bring your bike and ride then. Then tomorrow in the afternoon we are getting a group ride together at 1pm from my house so if you are interested call me or Russell and come on the ride. Later..

No comments: