Friday, August 04, 2006

Wine country



Here is one of the vineyards that we went to during our stay in California. We were able to visit about 6 different vineyards that were not more then a mile from our place in any direction. We did bring some wine home but let me tell you it was not cheaper then any of the bottles that you buy here. Matter of fact it cost more then any you buy on the shelf in the store around here. The only thing is the fact that you get right from the place that grows, picks and bottles the wine. Matter of fact I think I may open a bottle tonight to go with the pizza I just picked up.

Today is Maddie's 11th birthday. Cece took her and a couple of friends to the cool waters swim park. I got lucky as Nate didn't want to go so we went to the BMX track and rode some laps. The track is looking real good and it should be ready in a few weeks for some good practice runs. If you get a chance come and check it out. Also thanks to Cooper for the cutting of a brake rotor that had a bad rust spot from sitting for 3 weeks. Now they are smooth as butter. I owe him a dinner soon. Time to get some pizza and have some cake with Maddie. Later..

2 comments:

The Shed Master said...

Is that the Boone's Farm vineyard.

Jay said...

No we went good. It is the Viansa vineyard. Only the best for my wonderful wife. I say if you ever get out there it is a must to visit a few vineyards. They will even let you in Russell