Friday, October 06, 2006

Last Stand


Here is a picture of the grave of Custer. He was a fool that if he had waited for the other guys to arrive he would have won his battle. Sometimes working as a team will save your ass from being killed. We stopped and saw the site of the battle and it was a different thing to see all the graves of the men who died in the battle over shit land at that.

Just dropped the Boy and one of his friends off at a dance. He has been going to the last 5 dances and I think he must be hitting on the young hotties at the dance. They say that they are dancing with the girls and Maddie said at the dance that she went to he dances with the girls from other schools. Man it won't be long and the bike will be second to the women.

Tomorrow we are going to preride the course and see how it is doing after the rain and all. Plus I have to ride it on the single speed and pick the right gear. It is the last race of the season and I can't believe that it went by so fast. It seems like yesterday that I tried removing my fingers and now they are just like nothing happened. Nate has his class locked up for the win and Maddie is tied for 2nd and if she does well or at least nothing falls off her bike she should get 2nd. Cece is out of the medals for the year after cracking her elbow in the first race of the season so nothing for her. I'm tied for 2nd also and I have a chance to hold on to it but I need a couple of others to ride well and at the least I need to beat Adam by at least a place or 2. But if all fails I do have 3rd for the year. It has been fun racing single speed but again doing well I have to make a decision to move up to comp or maybe race single in the age class. Just have to wait and see but I'm leaning towards moving to SS comp. See tou at the race. Later..

No comments: