Tuesday, October 31, 2006

Trick or Treat


Tonight we went to John and Laurie's for like the 7th year in a row for the trick or treating. I feel so ghetto when we go because all I see at our door is kids that don't live in the area asking for candy. The difference is the kids that come here have their parents following in cars with rap music blasting or Spanish music blasting with spinners on the cars. I walk around with the guys before the pizza is done and then we all eat and the ladies take the kids back out after dinner to hit the other side of the neighborhood. The kids have so much candy that the bags are just about over flowing. I hope that the kids don't eat to much candy that they get the shits from to much sugar. As always it is a good time and the kids have fun seeing each other and we have fun visiting with the others that we see only a few times a year. Nate went as a football player, Maddie went as a dracula, and Jessie went as little mermaid.

Well 3 days until the long drive for the Iceman and I'm thinking that Mike and I will ride ok as I really don't know what to expect as they combine the sport and expert tandems. So it is time to just ride and try to have a solid finish and hope to be on the podium. I think Ron has a chance to finish first in age again and maybe Russell can hop on the podium if he can get a nice solid ride also. We got a cabin at the finish thanks to Mr Hauser at the finish line for a great price so now it is get there and hope for the best. Time to get the kids in the shower and then relax for a few minutes as today I started work Goat time like at 6 in the morning. Later..

2 comments:

DIHAF? said...

Most of the "local" kid's come to our neighborhood on the bus.

No big deal. I wouldn't want to trick of treat in some neighborhoods either.Plus some of the ghetto costumes are the best. Most of the kids are kids having fun but there are always some real punks and that is who people remember.

Here are some rules.

1. 22 is too old. Also, I am not interested in what your boxers look like.

2. What is your costume? Sissy Gangsta? Wear a costume or you get a pixie stick.

3. Don't trick or treat out of a hoopty or any car for that matter. And no bumpin'. Walk.

4. If you have 2, 3, 4 bags, I will put candy in them, but don't lie to me. I know they aren't for your cousin Ruphonso and little brother Leshonso. Tell me something real like, that fat lady on the sidewalk is my aunt and she will beat me if I don't bring her no candy bar, or you right, all this $%#$#!#$^%%$ candy is for me. I might even double down on the candy if you are straight.

5. Leave the attitude at home. Respect.

6. If you are 12, don't smoke and if you are going to blow smoke in a 14 year old girls face after she hands you candy as your way of saying thanks. She will smoke you worse than she would smoke you on the basketball court. And she has the green light from her daddy next time.

Give respect and get respect.

Mountaingoat said...

6am? That's lunch time.