Sunday, October 01, 2006

10-01



Here is a picture of the kids at a cool National park near Seattle. We had to walk in about 3 miles and then there was a natural rock slide for the kids to go down. I thought better of doing that and told the kids not to. Maddie didn't listen and she then tore a hole in her swim suit bottoms, lucky she had a pair of shorts to wear. It was really cool and we had a blast there.

The latest news from the last update. Friday we did nothing as I had to fix a hose on the car that was leaking so I didn't get a ride in. Oh well. Saturday I did the ride from wheel and we had a good group and kept a decent pace and didn't drop anyone. Then I got home and got a bunch of stuff around the house done. Today I picked up Russell and went to the first cross race in Madison. Russell went off first and he took his solid middle of the pack finish and Ron Kay did his first cross race finishing like 6th or 7th. Next was Nate and he won his age and got a cool Timbuk 2 bag. It was cool also because it was a Hayes sweep for th top 3 in the kids age. Ryan and Adam Kay looked good for their first cross race taking 2nd and 3rd behind Nate. Then Ron S. was up and he spanked the cat 3 class on his single speed cross bike. We then stopped by Rick and Rick's meat fest for a few beers and good meat. Oh and good company also. Tomorrow I'm off to La Crosse for a few days so I need to pack a few clothes and my bike and riding stuff. Later..

1 comment:

Sarah Lukas said...

dude- honestly your kids are so intense. Theyd kick my butt in any race! I love it!!