Wednesday, May 16, 2007

5-16

Well it looked like it may not have rained for most of the bone ride. I was a work and it kept looking dark to the west but it never rained until 6pm when Nate had to play softball. But as it went the other team only had 6 players show up so the other team forfeited. Nate's team now has a record 0f 7-0. They have a make3 up game Friday at 5pm and then 2 more games next week. They should win those next games and finish the season undefeated. John called and asked if I was still doing the ride today and I told him no as I have been on only 3 Thursday rides and and a handful of Sat rides. With the bmx racing and then the weather the rides have mostly on rollers and with the kids so I don't really know if I would have made it to the finish today. Any how with the leg and all it is probably a good thing not to do it any ways with no real long rides this year yet.

This weekend is WORS race #2 at Lake Geneva and it sounds like a killer of a course. I may have to pull the geared bike out for the race this weekend. I haven't ridden a geared bike in 2 years so it should be different. I have come to think that racing and riding the single speed is way easier as you can only push the gear you put on. Some of the hills are a bitch but the rest you are limited and you don't pop as easy. You lose some ground on the flats but the single track and hills it seems that you can pull away from others. So have to see what happens in the pre ride as I will take both bikes and try them to see which flows better.

1 comment:

Anonymous said...

Sorry to disappoint, but there was no rain at all on the bone ride. Cool breezes and sunshine only.

It rained like crazy 5 minuntes after the bikes were home on the back porch.
RA