Friday, May 11, 2007

Thursday Ride

Last night Nate and I did the Thursday group ride. He was riding real good again and I'm wondering what is going on as he rides great one day and like Randy the next. I think he is just ready some days and guts it out and others he just goes Randy and quits. Last night he was on at the Fox River so we went the long route and he was in teh group until the last big hill. He just couldn't hold the acceleration so Todd and I stayed back and we rolled in with Nate in tow at 22 instead of the 24 we were at before the hill. When we got to the high school the rest of the ones that were dropped got on at the stop light and we rolled it in. I think a few more of the group rides and Nate should be able to handle the longer sport races better.

Last I tore the Duke off Nate's old bike and I'm going to put it on my spare B1 and have that ready for the next WORS race. The fork I had on the bike is heavier and the seals are blown so it needsto be over hauled so I'm just going to use the Duke for now. I hear that the gears will come in handy at the next race so I'm going to race the gears instead of the single speed. I know I'm being a Randy but I have to make it a little easier on myself.

Leaving for the twin cities area for a 40th B-day party for my Brother in law and celebrate mothers day with Cece's family. We are going to stay by my brother about 45 minutes from the party to make it easier then having like 15 people trying to stay at Cece's brothers house or paying for a hotel room. Then on Sunday we are having a B Day party for my brother and I and celebrate mothers day with my family. Taking the bikes for Nate and I with us. We are going to get a few rides in on Sat and Sun morning. I need to try to keep the legs loose as the Bone ride is next Wednesday. I'm taking the shorter route of starting in Hartland instead this year though. It will be a 120 miles still but not the 160 this year which is OK with me.

No comments: