Sunday, May 20, 2007

Round 2

We did the Tread Fest race today and it was a blast. Maddie started the day off for the family and pulled in with another 2nd place finish. She was a little scared at the start but once the race started she rode great. Cece was next and like Maddie who neither did the pre ride was wondering what to expect had a great race. She finished 3rd in age and enjoyed the course. After the race she said she would love to ride there more. Nate and I were next to toe the line and I was kind of hoping the Nate still had some gas in the tank after yesterdays race. Well he had plenty as he finished 2nd today. He was feeling better this week and said he was not feeling good at Iola and just raced it. I wish he would say something and we could have maybe done something about it. He is ready to train harder and wants more now. I'm glad to see that. I went to the line and had a good race also. I had problems as I put a new chain on the geared bike and a old wheel with a worn out cassette. The chain was skipping right from the start so I had to find a couple of gears that worked and ride it out. I made as many passes as I could and got a open area and just kept passing riders when I had the chance. By the last half of the 3rd lap the legs started to cramp so I shut it down and rode it in for 2nd place. We took off after the awards as it was raining and Nate has a sports banquet tonight. So time to leave for that in a few minutes. I will have to check the results to see how everyone did. I will post the few pictures I got later. Later..

1 comment:

Mountaingoat said...

Nice race for the family. Keep in touch, I'd like to take the juniors road riding out at Holy Hill next weekend.