Sunday, September 23, 2007

11 down

Man I am so happy that there is only 1 more WORS race. The season has been a long one and after the crash and with Nate playing football the training and racing are suffering. Today Nate and I went up with Danny for the race in Iola part 2. When we got there I was feeling the effects of the cold that I got from hanging around Donny last week at the Cheq. Well after the call up and Don yelling Gooooooo the race was full speed ahead. I went into the bowl in a nice comfortable 2nd on Todd's wheel. Marcus came around us just before the first single track and was flowing just a little too hot in spots and just nailed a tree and we asked if he was OK and he said yea just keep going, so off we went. We did never see him again but I did hear that he went over the bars in the bowl later in the race also so he was having a though race. After the last part of the single track I took the lead and Todd followed and I eventually dropped him. Riding along I could see Dave getting closer and after the last up hill he caught me and I was feeling the full effects of the cold and lost his wheel and rolled in 2nd. The finish today seals up a 2nd overall for the year and that now means that all 4 of us will finish 2nd overall for the cross country series. In the marathon series Maddie has 1st, Nate and Cece have 2nd and I took a 3rd. So this year is another year of fun racing and good results. One more race and then it is time for the bmx and cross season.

Nate had a football game yesterday and the team looked a lot better then the other games. The team was moving the ball and stopping the other team nicely for the entire game. But the last quarter our quarterback tossed a interception and the team lost 6-0. We are getting closer and the win will come soon. Nate was in some good tackles and played tight end well for the game. Tie to watch the Bears lose to the Cowboys I hope. Later..

No comments: