Monday, September 17, 2007

Weekend recap





Here are a few pictures from the weekend. The 1st is Bob coming down some single track and the gang waiting one of the many times for John. I thought that Randy staying home we wouldn't have to wait as many times this year but I was wrong. The waiting a side it still was a great ride. The others pictures are of us on race day. First is Christine at the start of the race and then Nate and myself also at the start. Then the last is one of Nate, Evan and myself at the end of the race.

The race went well as Nate took off and it took me almost 6 miles to catch up to him after the road start. The start was fast and the single speed limited me so as the people flew by I just did damage control best I could. I road the race in a perfect gear and never felt as if it was to big or to small except on the lead out and the gravel road. When I finally caught Nate he was riding with Evan and the 2 of them were trading pulls and staying on wheels of the riders in the group real nice. As we hit the Birkie trails Nate was able to get in a group and hang with them and Evan just missed the group and we didn't see him till the race was over. I rode with Nate for the rest of the race and when ever he got winded I backed it off and when he recovered we would slowly amp up the pace. he rode strong till the finish and I rode across the line right after him. It was great to ride the race with Nate as I think in the next one one I may never catch him. He finished 2nd in age and 49th overall and I was still able to finish 3rd in single speed class and 50th overall. The race weekend was fun and we can't wait till next year. Later..

No comments: